What is The Rebellion?

The Rebellion is a movement to change the current teen culture. The Rebellion encourages teens and young adults to stand up for their beliefs, to break all the rules of "Religion," and to live a life of excess in our faith. In Romans 8:31 the question is asked, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" In other words if we were to band together to improve the world that we live in, and followed God's plan for us then...WHO CAN STOP US?

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hey, I'm Josh!

Hey everybody! I thought I would take the opportunity on this first blog to tell you a little about myself, and a little about what is going on here. First off, my name is Josh Ballard. I go to the University of Kentucky. Recently, I sat down for an interview with myself. This is the manuscript of what happened.
---------
So Josh, lets start this off by finding out more about yourself. What are some things you love?

Well first of all I love my Savior Jesus Christ! He is my best friend and has completely changed my life. I also love my friends and family. One of my biggest passions is music. I listen to all kinds of music, play guitar, and go to way too many concerts for my own good. I also dream of working in the music business after college. I also love sports. I have an almost unhealthy obsession with University of Kentucky basketball and Cincinnati Reds baseball. Lets see what else...um I love Coke Zero and sweet tea. I love How I Met Your Mother. Well, that's about all I can think about.
----------
Ok Josh, you mentioned music. What are some of your favorites?

Well, I am a huge fan of The Classic Crime. They are my favorite band of all time, and nobody will ever pass them. I also love bands like Anberlin, Search the City, Skillet, Switchfoot, Michael Buble, Fall Out Boy, Brad Paisley, and way too many more!
----------
I love all of those bands too! Is there anything you don't like?

Grammar. Louisville Cardinals. Chemistry.
----------
Is that all?

Oh! Also, I hate the fact that it is so hard to find Fruit Stripes Gum! I mean come on!
----------
Good point. Did I mention that you are a very handsome man?

No you didn't. Thank you Josh. As are you.
----------
Thank you. I've also noticed your physical prowess (or lack there of). Did you ever play sports?

I played football in high school and loved it! One of the best decisions of my life was to play football. I also played alot of baseball and basketball as a kid!
----------
That sounds like fun!

It was Josh...it was.
----------
So let's get to some serious business here. Why are you starting this blog?

I am starting this blog to kind of supplement The Rebellion. It's away to continue to be encouraged, to hear other stories, to learn how to grow in their friendship with their Savior, and
to make an impact in their community. That is the most important part of this blog. There will be guest bloggers, and other things that go along with it. Also, as with about everything I do, there will always be an ample amount of fun since I find it hard to take myself serious all the time.
----------
Ok, tell us about how you came to Christ?

Well it's a long story. Basically, I spent a large portion of my teenage years running from any situation where I could feel any kind of emotion or connection to Christ. Finally, it took a football injury my senior year, and a failed relationship for God to finally catch me. Sometimes it takes pain inorder to turn you into who God created you to be. Sometimes everything has to fall apart in your life just so it can all fall into place.
----------
What is your favorite Bible verse?

I love Jeremiah 29:11-13 which says, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'" I love this verse because at one point in my life I believed I had everything planned for myself. When everything seemed to collapse around me I thought all hope was lost, until I realized that my plans had to take a backseat to God's plans.
----------
What is The Rebellion?

The Rebellion was born out of a speech that I gave at my high school graduation. It was meant to just be an encouraging passing message to my fellow graduates. However, thanks to Julie Dodson and Eastland Church of God, the opportunity for this to become something bigger is there. I hope that The Rebellion will help teens stand up amongst their peers, and that they will be a better influence and stand out from the crowd. The Rebellion is simply a movement to get people to stray from the popularity of parties, drugs, and alcohol, to break the rules that religion can so often place on you, and to make a difference in their community through volunteering and making their presence felt.
----------
That sounds great! Thank you for sitting down for this interview.

Anytime Josh, anytime!
----------

So, that's basically me as well as a few answers as to what this is all about. I hope you enjoyed this fun, and somewhat awkward, conversation with myself. Hopefully, you were entertained enough to come and read my future blogs! Speaking of the future blogs, I have a lot of cool stuff planned, so be sure to stay tuned! If you have any questions or suggestions for future blogs just leave me a comment or send me a message on facebook or something!

God Bless,
Josh Ballard
Jeremiah 29:11-13

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Very, very cool, Josh :D

Allison M. said...

Hey Josh! I think it's great you are doing this. By the way, I found Fruit Stripes in walmart last week...it made my day! Its encouraging to read this, its great to see more people of our generation standing and following Christ, like you said, not religion, not what the "cool thing" to do is.

Josh Ballard said...

Thanks to both of you! And I really need fruit stripes! haha Hopefully you keep reading! I really appreciate the comments and there is much more to come soon!

Anonymous said...

Bethany
Thank you sooo much for this blog it has helped me soo much! i read it before and after school to keep my focus on God.

Josh Ballard said...

Thanks Bethany! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the blog, and I am glad we figured out this whole comments thing! Spread the word :)