What is The Rebellion?

The Rebellion is a movement to change the current teen culture. The Rebellion encourages teens and young adults to stand up for their beliefs, to break all the rules of "Religion," and to live a life of excess in our faith. In Romans 8:31 the question is asked, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" In other words if we were to band together to improve the world that we live in, and followed God's plan for us then...WHO CAN STOP US?

Monday, March 15, 2010

Music Monday: Josh Ballard

Hey everybody! So, one of my biggest passions is music. I plan on working in the music business someday, and I listen to it all the time. I decided that it would be interesting to have a guest blogger choose a song (Christian, popular, rap, country, rock, whatever) that means a lot to their faith. I believe that music is one of the best ways to experience emotions. Many people live vicariously through the music that they listen to, and it tells alot about the person. So, to get this started, I am going to post my own. If anybody would like to be a guest blogger, please send me an email or facebook message and we will go from there. Hope you enjoy Music Mondays.
----------
Song: "Be My Escape"
Artist: Relient K
Album: Mmhmm
----------
"Be My Escape" has been one of my favorite songs for years. It is catchy, well written, and a lot of fun to listen to. However, the lyrics are really what set it apart. The song is very applicable to everyone's life. It tells the story of someone who has fallen into a rut in their faith, and a person who has been struggling with feeling insecure. The person then calls on God at the end of the chorus saying:

"I've gotta get outta here / I'm begging You, I'm begging You, I'm beggin You to be my escape."
----------
In the following verse, it begins with the words:

"I'm giving up on doing this alone now / because I've failed and I'm ready to be shown how"

He is putting his life in God's hands and he is trying to learn how to live like God. That is how it happened with me. I was trying to do everything in my life by myself, but when I finally gave my life over to God, I began to see how I was supposed to be living.
----------
The most important part of the song for me comes at the end of the second verse.

"but the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair."

This line caused a good amount of controversy, because many people thought it was wrong to say that grace is not unfair. However it really does, and the beauty is how unfair it really is. In reality we would not deserve grace at all. However, God sent His son to take away our sins, and that is how we receive the grace that we don't necessarily deserve. The fact that we receive it, even when we don't deserve it is what makes grace unfair and I am so thankful for it.
----------
Towards the end of the song it says:

"And all I’m asking is for You to do what You can with me / But I can’t ask You to give what You already gave."

This one is pretty self explanatory. Jesus already gave His life, so He has already given us so much. We just have to rely on Him.
----------
So, that is personally one of my favorite songs. It explains the way I feel about my relationship with Christ, and how I came to Him. I was locking up all my emotions inside and not expressing them. Christ became my escape and made me who I am today. It's not necessarily fair, but his grace came over me and changed my life!
----------
Hey that was the first Music Monday blog! Once again, if you would like to join in then let me know. Expect the second part of the Rebellion series of blogs to be up this Thursday! Have a great week!
----------
Full lyrics to "Be My Escape" by Relient K available below:
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/relientk/bemyescape.html

Check out the song on Itunes or purchase the album Mmhmm on amazon.com or at any music store.

0 comments: