What is The Rebellion?

The Rebellion is a movement to change the current teen culture. The Rebellion encourages teens and young adults to stand up for their beliefs, to break all the rules of "Religion," and to live a life of excess in our faith. In Romans 8:31 the question is asked, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" In other words if we were to band together to improve the world that we live in, and followed God's plan for us then...WHO CAN STOP US?

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Music Mond-er, uh...Tuesday?: Jeremy Mink (a.k.a. The Minkus)

Hey everybody! It's that time of the week again...for Music Mond-er,uh...Tuesday rather. This week, we have another student from Eastland Church of God named Jeremy Mink. He's a great kid, and I'm really happy that I've gotten to know him. So, here we go with this weeks post!
----------
My name is Jeremy, but you can call me The Minkus. Ever since a tragic event in my life, I had felt alone. I felt as if God had left me. I felt as if I all of my friends had left me. I felt as if there was not a soul in the world to call my friend. Until just recently, I had no idea how many friends I have had at my church. This is the reason for choosing my song. The song is "To All The Crowded Rooms" from Senses Fail's Still Searching.
----------
Song: "To All The Crowded Rooms"
Artist: Senses Fail
Album: Still Searching
----------
I'll start this off by saying that this is probably the most optomistic song on the whole album. The album is about someone who has lost faith and who is still searching for their purpose in life. It's very similar to my tale. The beginning of this song is great:
----------
"I don't lie / I love you all / I do and
To all of you dancing / just don't be afraid to fall it's true.
We will capture youin open arms
when you're tired and alone
My life is better than it ever was
My life is better than it ever was"
----------
That's what I feel the church is like. It's like a safety net for people who need someone to go to. You shouldn't be afraid to call on your church family to help you out. They can do a lot for you. I learned that myself. After I confessed my thoughts and feelings in front of the whole church people came to me with caring hearts wanting to lend a hand in any way they can. The next part is just as important.
----------
"I'll give blood to your dry veins
We do this for the passion
and not the fashion or fame"
----------
I see the blood as faith and the dry vains as an empty spirit. The church will help you back on your feet. Not because they want to be known for it, but because they really care. FInally, the main part of the song:
----------
"To All the Crowded Rooms I say
You gave me a home anyway"
----------
A crowded room doesn't have to mean a crowded church. I see Crowded rooms as people who have their own problems and horrible situations to deal with, but they still made room in their hearts and lives for whoever needed it. When I needed it the most, I was happy to have people who forgot about their own problems to help me with mine, no matter how much I wanted them to worry about themselves more than me.
----------
This song doesn't have to be just about the church to you. It can be any person or group that has put time in their lives for you when you needed it the most. When I felt alone after my best friend was in a horrible accident, I seriously needed someplace to go. I found my home with my church family. Always make sure you'll have someone like that to go to. But don't forget, God is there as well. And you can always go to him. His heart is never crowded because it can fit everyone. I'll guarantee that you're life will be better than it ever was before.
----------
DISCLAIMER: Some of Senses Fail's other material is explicit, and may not be appropriate for your child. Personally, I have no problem with it and encourage people to find meaning in any type of music, such as the way Jeremy has. However, I just thought I would warn you.
----------
Full lyrics for "To All The Crowded Rooms" by Senses Fail available here:
http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/s/senses_fail/to_all_the_crowded_rooms.html

Senses Fail's Website:
http://www.sensesfail.com/
and Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/sensesfail
----------
Big thanks to The Minkus for an awesome post! If you would like to be apart of Music Monday please send me an email at whocanstopus@gmail.com. Feel free to comment on this post, and all the others. Also, I hope that you willl come back Thursday for the latest installment in the series "Love Never Fails." Have a great week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I love Senses Fail and I love teh way Jeremy adapted the lyrics to his walk. Very cool!