What is The Rebellion?

The Rebellion is a movement to change the current teen culture. The Rebellion encourages teens and young adults to stand up for their beliefs, to break all the rules of "Religion," and to live a life of excess in our faith. In Romans 8:31 the question is asked, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" In other words if we were to band together to improve the world that we live in, and followed God's plan for us then...WHO CAN STOP US?

Monday, May 10, 2010

Music Monday: Bethany Montgomery

Hey! It's Monday again, so we are back with a new Music Monday post. This week, the guest blogger is Bethany Montgomery. I met Bethany at Eastland (where we both go to chuch), and she has really been a big part of the Rebellion series at Eastland. So, with that said, here we go!
----------
Hey, my name is Bethany and I have loved music ever since i can remember! I asked Josh to do Music Monday because there is a song that is really speaking to me at this moment, and really always had spoke to me! The song I wanted to post about was "Safe" by Phil Wickham.
----------
Song: "Safe"
Artist: Phil Wickham
Album: Heaven & Earth
----------
"To the one who's dreams are falling all apart
And all you're left with is a tired and broken heart
I can tell by your eyes you think your on your own
but you're not all alone"
----------
This verse of the song is my favorite because it makes me feel like the song is personal and it reaches out to me when I do have a broken heart. In reality God is with us and this song makes that very clear to me!!
----------
I had the lyrics of this song up on my computer screen, and a girl leaned over to me (she's not a christian) and said "whats that?" I told her that I was going to use it for music monday on our church youth groups blog. I showed her the blog and she said thats cool, and turned away. The i asked her to read the song lyrics and she looked and me and said "That's Awsome" and I said yeah it is, you should listen to the song sometime and she said ok i will!
----------
This song has an amazing meaning for me and its an amazing song! Take a listen to it, and I hope it will bless you!
----------
Full lyrics for "Safe" by Phil Wickham available below:
http://www.elyricsworld.com/safe_lyrics_phil_wickham.html

Phil Wickham's website:
http://philwickham.com/
myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/philwickham
and facebook fan page:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/philwickham?ref=ts
----------
Thanks to Bethany for a great post! If you would like to be apart of Music Monday please send me an email at whocanstopus@gmail.com. Feel free to comment on this post, and all the others. Also, I hope you all come back Thursday when the series "Love Never Fials" gets underway. Have a great week, and I'll see you Thursday.

0 comments: