What is The Rebellion?

The Rebellion is a movement to change the current teen culture. The Rebellion encourages teens and young adults to stand up for their beliefs, to break all the rules of "Religion," and to live a life of excess in our faith. In Romans 8:31 the question is asked, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" In other words if we were to band together to improve the world that we live in, and followed God's plan for us then...WHO CAN STOP US?

Monday, April 5, 2010

Music Monday: Julie Dodson

Hey everybody! This week for Music Monday I have my friend Julie Dodson. Julie is the youth minister at Eastland Church of God, and is a big reason why this blog even exists! So, here's Julie with her Music Monday!
----------
Song: "Jesus Paid It All"
Artist: Elvina Hall
Album: N/A
This song has been covered by many artists, so if you like it then there is bound to be a version that fits your taste.
----------
I've definitely been looking forward to posting today for Music Monday. One things that has been so amazing to watch is the resurgence of old hymns, redone by people like Crowder and Jars, rediscovering these lyrics that haven't just lasted for a couple of decades but hundreds, sometimes hundreds and hundreds, of years. My song is old- not 90's old, not 80's old, more like 1865 old. It's called "Jesus Paid It All" by Elvina Hall. She isn't known for writing any other song besides this one, but it's so powerful, affecting lives for almost a century and a half. The last verse and chorus says-
----------
"And when before thy throne
stand in Him complete
Jesus died my soul to save
My lips shall still repeat

Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow"
----------
One of the reasons that these lyrics resonate with me over and over is that it's my story. I grew up as a good little Christian-acting girl, hearing of Jesus' work on the cross being enough to save me more times than I can count...and yet I still thought that somehow, I could work to deserve God...or mess up enough to completely kill my chances of being His. It wasn't until I realized that when I stand before God's throne, if I am asked, "Why should you be welcomed into everlasting life with Me (God)?" I used to think, "Oh, look at all the good I did and all the bad I stayed away from!" (Or on a bad day, I'd say, "I have no idea. No hope for me.") But, no. I've found the amazing joy and freedom to say now, "All I have to stand on is the crucified body and blood of my Lord, Jesus Christ, the holy and perfect sacrifice for the world." Oh, the freedom in knowing that it's true! Freedom from the works ladder, from trying and trying and trying to be "good enough!" "All to Him I owe"...and that's all I'll be able to say.
----------
My favorite recording of this song is from Passion '06- Check it out- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brVIlXlJRkQ&feature=related
----------
Full lyrics for "Jesus Paid It All" by Elvina Hall available below:
http://www.worshiptogether.com/songs/songdetail.aspx?iid=559022

Big thanks to Julie for a great post! If anybody else is interested in being a guest blogger please email me at whocanstopus@gmail.com.

Have a great week, and be ready for the introduction to the new blog series on Thursday!

0 comments: