What is The Rebellion?

The Rebellion is a movement to change the current teen culture. The Rebellion encourages teens and young adults to stand up for their beliefs, to break all the rules of "Religion," and to live a life of excess in our faith. In Romans 8:31 the question is asked, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" In other words if we were to band together to improve the world that we live in, and followed God's plan for us then...WHO CAN STOP US?

Monday, April 12, 2010

Music Monday: Katie Nelson

Hey everyone! Hope you have all had a good day! Well, it's Monday. Which means it's time for another Music Monday! This week's Music Monday is coming from Katie Nelson from Liberty University where she majors in Dietetics. I don't know Kate personally, but she is friends with my friend Blaire, so she must be cool! So, I would like to thank her for her post! With that being said, I give you this weeks Music Monday...
----------
Hey! My name is Katie, and a song that has meant a lot to me in my walk with God is “God Speaking” by Mandisa. Aside from her CRAZY PIPES, the lyrics are incredible. It has made me realize that sometimes God speaks to us through some really strange things… they may be the hardest thing we will ever go through or the best thing, but HIS WAYS ARE ALWAYS BETTER. I have learned that above and beyond, and He has always proven faithful. So here’s the lyrics… enjoy!
----------
Song: "God Speaking"
Artist: Mandisa
Album: True Beauty
----------
Have you ever heard a love song,
that set your spirit free?

Have you ever watched a sunrise
and felt you could not breathe?

What if it's Him.

What if it's God speaking.

Have you ever cried a tear
that you could not explain?

Have you ever met a stranger
who already knew your name?

What if it's Him.

What if it's God speaking.

Who knows how He’ll get ahold of us?

Get our attention to prove He is enough.

He’ll do, and He’ll use
whatever He wants to.

To tell us, I Love You.


Have you ever lost a loved one

Who you thought should still be here?

Do you know what it feels like

to be tangled up in fear?

What if He’s somehow involved?

What if He’s speaking through it all?


Who knows how He’ll get ahold of us?

Get our attention to prove he is enough.

He’ll do and He’ll use
whatever He wants to

To tell us, I love you.

His ways are higher 

His ways are better

Though sometimes strange

What could be stranger than God in a manger?


Who knows how He’ll get ahold of us?

Get our attention to prove He is enough.

Who knows how He’ll get ahold of you?

Get your attention to prove he is enough.

He’ll do and He’ll use whatever He wants to,
To tell us I love you

God is speaking, I love you
---------
Mandisa's Website:
http://mandisa.sparrowrecords.com/

Once again, huge thanks to Katie for being a guest blogger! If you would like to participate in Music Monday please send me an email at whocanstopus@gmail.com!

Look out for the start of a brand new series this Thursday, as well as some other surprises coming up!

If you are a junior high or high school student (or a parent reading this that thinks their child would like this) from Lexington, Ky...come see me speak starting THIS Wednesday, April 14th at 7:00 p.m. at Eastland Church of God on Liberty Road! It will be the beginning of a 5 week series being co-taught by me and ECOG youth leader Julie Dodson! It's going to be a lot of fun! Also, if you all like what you have read and are interested in having me speak at your church, school, camp, college, or whatever please send me an email at whocanstopus@gmail.com! I love speaking and meeting new people so it will be great if you were able to have me speak!

Have a great week! See you Thursday!

0 comments: